one day where we will live

one day where we will live

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Message to the “Haters”


Lately, I am getting bombarded with hate comments. At first, I allowed them. Then I altered my blog so that comments could not be anonymous. Now, I have adjusted it further so all comments come to my email first for my approval.

It is sad it has to be like this. It is sad that someone (or more than one someone) feel such a need to hurl hate and anger at me. What is it inside of them that causes this need? Jealousy? Self-loathing? Self-esteem issues?

I certainly did not harm anyone. My viewpoints and perceptions do not interfere with anyone else’s life. Yet somehow people seem to think they have a reason to hammer me with hate.

Not only do the comments keep coming (I had a pile in my email inbox this morning that I rolled my eyes at) but they also sent me a link to a yahoo group that I had joined a year ago to try and find some clarity about my ex and his issues. Which means now they are hunting me online. Creepy.

My message to you haters is this:

Why?

Is this simply for sport? Are you merely trying to upset me and bother me? Because you are wasting your time…this will be the only blog I write that will address this situation. After that, it is a dead issue to me.

Since you obviously know me (and I do know who some of the haters are…Hi ladies!), why not simply send me an email and let me know WHY you feel such hatred towards me? Or when you make your next foolish, illiterate comment, at least have it be filled with what your point is.

You cannot hurt me this way. I just wish I knew why you would even want to. If you feel I have wronged you somehow, at least give me a chance to address the issue and try and deal with it.

If you simply do not like me and hate me for whatever your own personal reasons may be, I think you have made yourselves very clear. If not, own it. Are you in fear of me? Or just so ashamed of yourselves that you never want to reveal your identity for fear of dying of embarrassment in my eyes? Does my shame of you matter that much?

Please, get mature, get real and stand behind your words or just stop.

Don’t you have anything better to do?

I sure do.

No comments: