one day where we will live

one day where we will live

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Dream Lover

DREAMLOVER - Mariah Carey

I need a lover to give me
The kind of love
That will last always
I need somebody uplifting
To take me away

I want a lover who knows me
Who understands how I feel inside
Someone to comfort and hold me
Through the long lonely nights
'Till the dawn
Why don't you take me away

[Chorus:]
Dreamlover come rescue me
Take me up take me down
Take me anywhere you want to baby now
I need you so desperately
Won't you please come around
'Cause I wanna share forever with you baby

I don't want another pretender
To disillusion me one more time
Whispering words of forever
Playing with my mind

I need someone to hold on to
The kind of love that won't fly away
I just want someone to belong to
Everyday
Of my life
Always
So come and take me away


Sigh. A dream lover. That is all I have these days…just my dreams! But Miss Mariah must have known what she was doing when she wrote that song because she did eventually attract her own dream lover and seems very happy and very content these days! Lucky!

I think it would be really, really difficult in my life as it stands right now to not only meet someone to form a relationship with, but also to maintain it. However, nothing is impossible and if I had my way (and I often do get MY WAY so this has good odds…) I would like it to go something like this:

First, a connection made deeply through universal signs and timing. I have never yet connected with any stranger I met online like so many people I know have. I have tried online dating sites and been approached by many, but they always fell flat for me and never went beyond emails. I am a deeply visual person so for me to fall in love I need to SEE the person and observe them first in detail. I could easily fall in love with a TV news anchor probably! That is definitely more likely than an abstract person in cyberspace.

Next, once the connection has been made and the spark doth groweth, well then HE would need to come to ME. Probably after extensive phone conversations…this makes me think of how Shania met Mutt. He called her up wanting to produce her music and they sparked. Then they spent long hours talking on the phone until they met and realized the power of their connection. Beautiful. But I think that would work for me too. Although I don’t have any music to promote that would cause a famous producer to call me up but hey, I have other talents ongoing right now and I do not think it is impossible for my dream lover to find the reason to connect to me. Or for me to connect to him.

Then, once loads of personal contact by phone was firmly established, then he would have to come to me. He would understand my home is my sanctuary, my children are my life, my mum is my responsibility. He would understand that and he would love me for it. And so he would come to me.

And once we had some in-person contact ensuring we were right for each other and had found “the one” in each other, then we could include the children. And to clarify myself here, I don’t mean they would EVER be not included in our lives, I simply mean when I would first meet my dream lover, it would be outside of my home. It would be one of the occasions I would find a sitter. But he would have to be patient with me only being able to visit him outside of the home at restaurants, movies, HOTELS (heh heh), etc, until we had a life plan in place and from then on he would share my home and be a full part of our lives in every way.

However, I would hope my dream lover had an amazing career, in the arts somehow would be perfect. A career that had him travelling or in high demand, or even maintaining homes/apartments in different cities where his work was established. I would be so encouraging and happy for his success and content in the knowledge that whenever he was not working, or involved in a personal passion (maybe golf? Dirt bikes? Whatever it may be…it is irrelevant that I love his personal passions or he mine so long as we are considerate to each other with respect to it), he was home with us and only wanted to be with us.

He would marry me on a Mediterranean beach with just the children and a few close friends and family in attendance.

I believe the right dream lover would count the days until he could see me again, between work demands. I would be so happy with a free, artistic spirit who was as passionate about his work as he was about being with me and found a way to harmonize the two elements to complete his life.

He would leave all work behind though if we had a child, for at least the first year. And I wouldn’t even have to ask him to do that for me. He wouldn’t have it any other way.

One day he would shelve the career for awhile to embark on some lengthy world travels with me and the children, hopefully doing humanitarian work en route, helping to teach and guide the children about worldwide compassion.

He would come from a loving family who would love and embrace us as their own. He would have his mum on the same pedestal that mine is on and he would then pass this quality onto the children.

He would be instrumental in raising the children and loving them as his own, without question.

He would encourage my dreams and life goals and would always be striving to put a smile on my face and bask in my happiness just as I would for him.

And we would grow old together, content together and never lose an ounce of the passion or connection that brought us together in the first place.

Ok phone…ring already!!! Why isn’t he calling yet??

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Tell me about it! He sounds like the perfect Prince for you!

Metal Queen said...

One day...sigh... :)