one day where we will live

one day where we will live

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

VISION OUT OF REDNECK HELL

Seven years ago I was living in a very hostile environment. Family problems, marriage problems. I wanted to be near the sea...a beach. Those are massively important elements I need in my life. The need to be near a beach only became uber-strong after I lived far away from it, I think.

Anyway, back then I always would tell people when I was out having a nice walk in nature and "making the best" of what I had within my hostile environment, how it would be so great if, at the bottom of the road (we were in rural farmland), instead of the highway, if there was a beach, or even a small train that stopped once an hour (like in my favourite quintessential English villages!), going onwards to the next town for some better shopping. I would daydream about that all the time. I would gaze into the distance and practically “see” the sea, and “see” the train, during my daily 3km hike with my baby in the stroller, stereo filling the wilderness with the sounds of anything from Abba to Anthrax, all the way to the top of our rural, backwoods road.

This road wound up a small mountain and had some dodgy spots where a flood had washed it out years before and the residents of the road had raised the funds to have the gap bridged with gravel. The stroller hated that part. My thighs thanked me for it later.

It was peaceful in spots…peaceful enough to sing really loudly. My oldest child (he was a baby then) learned about every amazing piece of music that I love, that tells the story of my life through song…and some awesome Mummy “Metal Queen” wails! We had some great hikes and they were an integral part of us maintaining a positive outlook through the hostility veil.

So now fast forward my life to what we gained once we finally left that rural life-suck/pot-soaked/hostile redneck small B.C. town. Every place we have lived since then, seems to almost fit my “vision” of what I “saw” and yearned for during those daily hikes.

1. England 2006…we lived in a stone cottage for a short time in a rural, Cornish village, with the sea at the end of our lane. We had fabulous bus access, nearby train, amazing beaches a short bus ride away, hiking trails…it was close to my vision.

2. Vancouver Island…of the two spots we lived in, the first (2006-2008) had a beach at the bottom of the road and an ocean view. The train passed right behind our house and I even had them let us off on our rural road on one train adventure!
The second place (2008-2009) had a proper train station within walking distance AND a wonderful sandy beach at the bottom of our road!
Both of these places were even closer to my vision still.

3. Sunshine Coast 2009- present…most amazing ocean view. Ever. Takes my breath away daily. Is highly therapeutic for my practically shut-in mum. The beach is at the bottom of our road yet again but the hike up from the bottom is steep and the beach is rocky only. There is no train here and it is a fairly isolated and cut-off area.

Could this be symbolism perhaps of my life in general while we roost here?

My point is this. Did I use the law of attraction to help gain these home-situations that I clearly had “envisioned” and focused on, many years prior? Or did I find these homes by my own idea of what I wanted and being lucky enough to find them?

Do you believe in luck? Or do we make our own luck?
Luck or Law, I like it.

My vision these days is very clear about never returning to that hostile environment of the past, or setting foot in that town I felt indentured in, ever again.

And I plan on continuing to use “luck” through “law” to progress my life ever closer to my “vision” for my family’s best life success.

No comments: