one day where we will live

one day where we will live

Sunday, October 24, 2010

...And just think...until earlier this year I would NEVER use such a mod-con as a DISHWASHER!

I am so tired of doing dishes. But three kids make a lot of dishes. And dishes I would like to have finished yesterday are now waiting until tomorrow because Mum needed some scones, or the baby was clingy, or the room just could not wait another day before vaccuming…well that last one does have a bonus factor of being able to create a new game called “whoever picks up the most toys wins a prize!” Or as close to that kind of title that my brain can come up with, on the spot. :)

What I need right now though, is someone to fix my dishwasher. I cannot stand the way the kitchen gets behind. This upsets my Mum and she tells me I am not working hard enough or prioritizing. She tells me to “get my head out of the clouds, stop focusing on writing and focus more on getting your housework done!” This is the complete opposite of what she taught me growing up…it is devastating what happens to someone in old age. It is hard to watch but necessary. I wish I could get Mum where she wants to be, and maybe one day I will. But for now, I just have to keep positive and do my best to keep her positive too. I am so grateful for the good days and I ride out the bad ones the best I can.

So in order for me to have even an ounce of time to myself to be creative (I get grumpy if I have done nothing creative in 24 hours), I pretty much have to stick it on the bottom of the totem pole. Isn’t that where a mother’s time and energy for herself and HER wants and needs usually sits? I am no stranger to this position and I know how to make it work. Most of the time.

But it would make my life just a teensy, tiny bit better if I could find someone to fix my dishwasher.

No comments: